Are you committed to creating vibrant queer fat culture, upholding social justice work, and anti-oppression politics? Do you want to help shape Nolose’s future to be as radical, inclusive, and supportively challenging as it can be? Do you have secret skills and superpowers that you think would benefit Nolose as an organization? Do you want to sharpen your leadership skills or get experience running a nonprofit? And do you love working hard in the service of a community that supports you right back? If so, we want you to apply to be a member of the Nolose Board of Directors!
We plan to bring on 3-7 new Board members in this round of recruitment. Experience with and enthusiasm for fundraising, organizational development, facilitation/mediation, legal issues, event planning, project management, and social justice/anti-oppression work within radical organizations is valuable.
We are also especially looking to bring on more board members who identify as people of color, superfat, older/elders, trans* (especially trans* women) and gender non-conforming, dis/abled, and/or parents.
Please see our Board Commitments and Roles for more information on expectations and qualifications for Board members.
When to Apply
You are welcome to apply to the board at any time. We review applications at least twice a year, and will make an announcement via our website and social media before any review deadline. People not selected in any given round are welcome to roll their application over into the next round, and are encouraged to consider taking advantage of one of the many Nolose volunteer opportunities.
Next deadline: Accepting rolling applications through March 31, 2019
Board membership not right for you? Check out our other volunteer opportunities!
If you’re thinking about applying for the board in the future, volunteering in another capacity is also a great way to see what working with Nolose is like. Not sure where you want to volunteer? Drop us a line and we’ll be glad to put you to use… we mean, direct you to a rewarding volunteer experience.
If you’re not sure whether to apply for a board position, or if you have any other questions about board service, large or small, please feel free to contact Shana McDavis-Conway at shana at nolose dot org and she will be happy to chat with you and answer your questions. Or if you know a board member personally, or feel an affinity, you are welcome to contact any of us.
Ready to Apply?
Answer the questions below in the body of an email to email@example.com
NOLOSE Board Application
First and last name:
Preferred mode of contact (email or phone):
- Tell us about your experience with NOLOSE as a participant and/or volunteer.
- What skills, experience, or talents would you bring to the NOLOSE community? How would involvement in the NOLOSE Board forward your own personal goals and work?
- What parts of your identity are important for you to share? (size, age, gender, race/ethnicity, class, and/or any other parts of your identity)
- How do you incorporate social justice, anti-cissexism and anti transmisogyny, and racial equity practices into your life?
- Much of our work is done by committees, working groups, and coordinators. (See a partial list here.) Which projects might you be most interested in working on? Would you be interested in serving as an officer (Treasurer, Secretary, Co-President)?
- Can you commit to 5-10 hours/month of NOLOSE Board work?