Beloved fatties and friends!
Calling all planners, organizers, movers, shakers, and enthusiastic volunteers:
Nolose needs YOU to make our conference happen!
As a volunteer-run organization, Nolose needs your help to make our events happen, and we want to hear your ideas and put your brilliance and energy to work for a superfantastic conference! Committee work is a great way to support Nolose, and it’s always a good way to get experience and learn how the organization works!
- We need Bay Area local folks to
- test out technology for remote access,
- plan and organize meeting space setup,
- plan meals and coordinate with caterers,
- plan and shop for the hospitality lounges,
- recruit local participants to host traveling conference-goers for home-stays, and
- help crowdsource solutions to some of the accessibility challenges the Econolodge presents.
And we need folks from ALL OVER who can help
- produce an accessible program,
- recruit volunteers to take on short-term conference-based tasks,
- work on conference-specific outreach to underrepresented communities
- secure donations for the fundraising raffle,
- coordinate with the flabulous vendors, and
- work with the local Oakland folks on testing the remote-access logistics,
- AND MORE!
Design, problem-solving, planning, and organizing skills very welcome, but no experience is necessary. You can decide what you want to work on! If you’re interested in participating in the kickoff meeting, email rebecca (dot) gorelick [at] gmail D0t com and we’ll schedule the meeting around you!